Subdivision applications

Information for subdividing properties

All new subdivision applicants should be lodged via the Victorian Government’s Surveying and Planning through Electronic Applications and Referrals (SPEAR).

SPEAR allows subdivision planning permit and certification applications to be compiled, lodged, managed, referred, approved and tracked online.

SPEAR is available at no cost and can be used by all parties involved in the planning and subdivision processes, but in differing capacities:

  • Applicants use SPEAR to lodge and manage their application and track its progress.
  • Responsible Authorities (councils) use SPEAR to receive, manage, refer and approve applications.
  • Referral Authorities (e.g. United Energy and Multinet Gas) use SPEAR to receive and respond to referrals.
  • Members of the public can use SPEAR to find out basic information about an application and lodge and view objections.

Please click here to go to the SPEAR website where you can get started with a new application or obtain further information regarding the subdivision process.